During this tough phase of covid-19 pandemic, everyone has suffered a lot and it requires something special to heave a sigh of relief. There are many heroes within our society who have done their best for the safety of human fraternity. It is very essential to recognize the efforts of some of these unsung heroes who have done their bit for humanity.
Champions of Change Award 2020 is an effort in this direction to honour these heroes and motivate others also to work for the society. The award ceremony was held at Taj Resort Convention Centre (Panaji, Goa). Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Governor of Maharashtra and Goa, was the Chief Guest of this third edition of Champions of Change Award. The award ceremony was graced by several other luminaries including former CJI Justice KG Balakrishnan. Former CJI Justice Dipak Misra and former Supreme Court judge Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra attended the ceremony through video conferencing.
Some of the awardees who attended the ceremony virtually included Hema Malini, M K Stalin, Sushmita Sen and Pahlaj Nihalani. The Chief Guest, Governor encouraged the awardees and said that it is these champions of change that help build a stronger nation, and in the current crisis the world is facing, we need more and more such people who serve the society with selfless dedication.
LIVE: Champions of Change Award https://t.co/nTTCsoxtuA— Dr. Pramod Sawant (@DrPramodPSawant) April 16, 2021
On receiving the award Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister of Goa, said, "I would like to say the power behind their action for making things better lies in their passion for doing the extraordinary along with their compassion not following their own personal glory. And yes, the honour called Champions of Change is the energizing support for the agents of change in the society."
Union Minister Shripad Naik said, "Today we are here to celebrate the goodness which is going to become inspiration for people of India. The goodness in the work of our heroes present here today have been an epitome of excellence which is going to be seen today in the form of the award of this event - Champions of Change."
DMK President M K Stalin said, "I would like to thank once again for this award, as means to encourage the efforts undertaken by me, in my capacity as the President of the DMK.” Organizer and Head of Champions of Change Award Nandan Jha said, “The mission of our organization to encourage those who work to bring positive change, to felicitate their achievements so that future generations are also motivated to serve the society."
Legendary singer Sonu Nigam said, "This award would always be very special to me. I have received several awards for my singing, but this award, along with singing is also an encouragement to my efforts to serve the people."
The awardees for 'Champions of Change 2020' are:
* Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister of Goa (Social Service)
* Shripad Naik, Union Minister for Ayush Ministry & MoS Defense (Social service)
* M.K. Stalin, President of DMK (Social Service)
* Hema Malini, MP & Veteran Indian Film Actress (Social Service)
* Pahlaj Nihalani, Former Chairman Censor Board & Veteran Film Producer
* Iqbal Singh Chahal (BMC Commissioner)
* Dr Gautam Bhansali (Corona Warrior & Healthcare)
* Sonu Nigam (Renowned Playback Singer)
* Anees Bazmee Film Director
* Hema Sardesai Renowned Playback Singer
* Sushmita Sen Former Miss Universe and Film Actor
* Suresh Jain (Bharat Vikas Parishad, Social Service)
* Swami Chidanand Sarswati Founder, Parmarth Niketan, (Social Service & Spiritual Awakening)
* Priya Shende - NGO, YAS (Social Service)
* Gautam Kanji Ravriya (Social Service)
* Anirban Sarkar (Social Service)
* Raj K. Purohit (Social Service)
* Prabal Pratap Singh Tomar (Social Service)
* Vipul Goel (Social Service)
* Dr Tanuj Bhatia Healthcare, Uttarakhand
* Dr Abhinit Gupta Healthcare, Madhya Pradesh
* Dr Sohini Sastri Astrologer (Social Welfare), West Bengal
* Dr Leena S Entrepreneur Social Welfare, Tamil Nadu
* Sabarna Roy Indian Author, Culture, West Bengal
* Adel Bhinder Entrepreneur, Social Welfare (Women Empowerment), Delhi
* Sanjeev Kumar Healthcare, Delhi
* Niranjan Mittal Astrologer (Social Welfare), Maharashtra
* Dr Suyomi Shah Healthcare, Maharashtra
* Ajay Ajmera Entrepreneur, Social Welfare (Women Empowerment), Delhi, Gujarat
* Ajay Harinath Singh Entrepreneur, Social Welfare, Maharashtra
* Sadique Babla Healthcare, Maharashtra
* Abhinav Singh, Maharashtra
Champions of Change is an Indian award, for promoting Gandhian values, (Swachata), community service and social development (in Aspirational district in india), selected by constitutional jury members headed by K.G. Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman NHRC. It is given annually in four categories, and usually presented by the President, Vice-President, Prime Minister of India or a leading figure. Mr. Nandan Jha is the founder and head of Champions of Change Award.
The inaugural Champions of Change Award was held in 2018 and it was distributed by the Vice-President of India M.Venkaiah Naidu at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
The second edition was held in 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi and awards were given by the then President of India, Sh. Pranab Mukherjee. Jharkhand CM Sh. Hemant Soren and Deputy CM of Delhi Manish Sisodia were among the recipients of awards.