WAY OUT OF THE CAA MESS

   By Dr Ved Pratap Vaidik ,  18-Mar-2020
WAY OUT  OF THE CAA MESS

The discomfort of the serious people in the BJP and the Sangh over the failing economy and communal disharmony is increasing

This session of Parliament is stormy. The Opposition members created ruckus during the President’s speech. In a sense, this session can prove to be fiercer than stormy. I have seen many of Indiraji's sessions 50 to 55 years ago; they were stormy because of Ram Manohar Lohia and Madhu Limaye. This will be a session of 31 meetings, which Prime Minister Narendra Modi has never seen before, neither in Gujarat nor in Delhi. This session will decide how his government runs in the next five years? Will it work? Will it be able to stall chaos in the country?
This quandary and the failing economy may adversely affect this loudly nationalist government in the next six months. The discomfort of the serious people in the BJP and the Sangh is increasing day by day. They are not talking today, but for how long can they remain silent? Supporters of BJP and coalition parties are also opposing the ‘religious policy’ of the government. They are demanding amendments to the new citizenship law.
I also say that the government should not step back. Do not repeal this law. Take the step forward. That is, either add Muslims to the list of religious categories from the neighboring countries who would get citizenship in India or remove the names of all the religious categories and add the names of all the neighboring countries to those of the three Muslim countries. If it happened, then this chaos would end on its own.
Remove income tax
As far as the economy is concerned, I think that if income tax is completely abolished, then people will have increased spending and tax evasion will be eliminated. The government can protect its income by increasing taxes on luxury goods.
The later Vasant Sathe, a senior Congress leader, and I started a movement for the abolition of income tax 25-30 years ago. If people get food, clothes, houses, and treatment at the lowest possible prices, then the economy of the country can rise very fast. If the economy is not handled properly, both the country and the government would sure falter.

The stumbling of European Union
The European Union and Great Britain have officially parted ways on January 31. Two British Prime Ministers, David Cameron and Theresa May, had to resign during the process of the break-up, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be credited for its historic move that he ‘liberated’ Britain from the slavery of Europe. Why was it called ‘independence’ by millions of Britons? Because they had started to believe that Britain had become the shelter home of Europe in the last 47 years. Citizens of any of the 28 countries of the European Union could come to Britain unhindered, live and work there, and trade with it.
Till now, there could be open trade between EU countries and Britain without any tax. Because Britain is the most powerful and rich of all the countries of Europe, the people of other European countries used to come to get British jobs here.  These people, working on cheaper wages, were replacing the British workers.
Similarly, goods made on cheaper wages from other countries, were being continued to fill the British market. That is why Brexit is being celebrated by the people of Britain today as a festival. But in the referendum on Brexit, if 52 per cent of the voters voted in favor of leaving the European Union, 48 per cent agreed to stay in it, because thousands of British citizens in these European countries could go, work, and live anywhere there without passports.
Apart from this, the people of Northern Ireland have been voting against Brexit. But now that the Brexit has been implemented, the relationship between the EU and the UK will remain the same for the next 11 months. Meanwhile, both will decide how the bilateral relations between Britain and the remaining 27 European countries will be maintained.
In fact, this is the beginning of the weakening or dissolution of the European Union. This is a matter of grave concern for us, because we want to make a better organization than the European Union out of the countries of South Asia. India should take a big lesson from this incident. The condition of the neighboring countries of India is quite lamentable compared to the European countries.






COVID-19
GLOBAL
Infected
Deaths
COVID-19
INDIA
Infected
Deaths
COVID-19
GLOBAL
Infected
Deaths
COVID-19
INDIA
Infected
Deaths